Who can join General Mills Federal Credit Union (GMFCU)?
Credit unions are known as cooperatives because their members share a common bond. Membership in General Mills Federal Credit Union is available to:
- Employees and retirees of General Mills, Inc. and its subsidiaries who are paid or supervised from the United States.
- Family members of employees, retirees and members, including spouse, child, stepchild, foster child, adopted child, sibling, stepsibling, parent, stepparent, grandparent, and grandchild
- Persons residing in the same household as a current GMFCU member
Once you have joined, you can always remain a member, even if you retire, take a leave of absence, or leave the company.
The Credit Union Advantage
Credit Unions are member-owned, not-for-profit financial cooperatives – which means member service is the main focus of a Credit Union. We offer substantial savings over other financial institutions. You could save hundreds – and perhaps thousands – of dollars each year by using Credit Union services rather than a for-profit commercial bank. As a member-owned financial institution, General Mills Federal Credit Union returns operating profits to our members, so you can enjoy:
- Lower loan rates
- Higher savings rates
- Lower and fewer fees
- Personal attention
- Free Online Banking and Bill Payment
- And many other convenient services
Membership has its rewards!
Every time you refer an eligible1 family member, friend or co-worker who joins GMFCU we’ll reward you both with:
- Your choice of a GMFCU pink or blue pig Savings Bank
Collect both a pink and blue pig GMFCU Savings Banks by referring more friends and family to GMFCU. Tell your family and friends about all the benefits of GMFCU membership and share the rewards!
How it works
Give a Member Referral Rip & Refer Card to a relative or co-worker. When they open a new account at GMFCU you’ll both receive $5 and your choice of GMFCU Savings Bank.
Bring in the completed Rip & Refer card or use promo code “Refer” online or over the phone to reap the rewards of GMFCU membership today!
1 Eligible family members include parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren (including stepfamily members) and anyone residing in an eligible member’s household. Co-workers must work for General Mills. Please allow 30 days for the $5 to be deposited into your GMFCU account. Program details and specific rewards offered in the program are subject to change without notice. Cash rewards will be reported to the recipient as interest income on Form 1099-INT. Member is responsible for all applicable taxes.
Our mission at General Mills Federal Credit Union is to help our members achieve their financial goals by providing exceptional value through innovative products, personalized services, and secure growth opportunities.
|Snapshot of Financials||As of December 31, 2013|
Board of Directors
Bob Kirk, Chair
Peter McDonald, Vice-Chair
Cam Hoang, Secretary
Earl Robertson, Director
Martha Gschneidner, Director
Tito Wouda, Director
Chad Kerlin, Director
Geoff Johnson, Director
Rebekah Ferguson, Director
Kent Greff, President/Chief Executive Officer
Shirley Thompson, Vice President/Chief Financial Officer
Missy Mound, Vice President/Chief Operating Officer
Marlo Hirl, Vice President/Chief Lending Officer
Robin Downing, Vice President/Human Resources
Pam LaBelle, Vice President/Marketing & Business Development
Originally a state chartered credit union, Gold Medal Credit Union was established in 1935 to serve the employees and families of Gold Medal Flour Mill. In 1992 the charter was changed to federal and the name was changed to General Mills Federal Credit Union to better reflect the field of membership—all General Mills employees, retirees and their families.
In 2001, General Mills bought the Pillsbury Company which paved the way for the General Mills Federal Credit Union to merge with Pillar Federal Credit Union, which served Pillsbury employees. That merger was completed March 2002 and allows the General Mills Federal Credit Union to continue to serve all new employees while maintaining membership for anyone served by either credit union in the past.
Careers at GMFCU
General Mills Federal Credit Union, a $300 million financial institution, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer serving the employees and families of General Mills, Inc. Our headquarters is located in Minnetonka, MN with three other branch locations in Golden Valley, and other office locations in Cedar Rapids, IA, Belvidere, IL, and Hannibal, MO. GMFCU offers a comprehensive benefits package with medical, dental, paid vacation, sick time and an incentive program. Our general hours of operation are from 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday. Extended hours at specific branches are from 7am – 6pm, Monday – Friday.
There is one position available at this time.
Position Title: Marketing Coordinator
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Status: Full-Time (Monday through Friday)
This position is responsible for providing coordination and execution of marketing, with a strong emphasis on online initiatives, for General Mills Federal Credit Union as related to the overall department and organizational strategic plans.
- Coordinate efforts for online marketing initiatives including: Social Media, eMarketing, and Viral Campaigns.
- Write, revise and edit electronic communications of the credit union including electronic newsletters, emails, web pages, and social media channels.
- Write, revise and edit copy for print communications of the credit union including forms, newsletters, annual reports, brochures and promotional materials.
- Develop and execute social media calendar to coincide with annual marketing plan.
- Engage in daily social media conversations, such as Facebook, Twitter, Blog and LinkedIn.
- Provide monthly social media data reports.
- Coordinate revisions, approval, ordering and delivery of business forms, marketing materials and promotional items for GMFCU.
- Manage internal marketing database requests.
- Provide marketing support to Cetera, our investment advisory service partner.
- Assist in training and communication to keep all credit union staff abreast of department activities and promotions.
- Understand and ensure compliance with all laws relating to banking, marketing and advertising.
- Remain abreast of industry trends.
- Promote professionalism, confidentiality, accuracy and efficiency in all areas of the credit union.
- Follow Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) policies and procedures as they relate to this position.
- Assist with other miscellaneous projects as needed.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Excellent member and internal service skills.
- Ability to work with multiple demands, priorities, and deadlines.
- Display professional image at all times.
- Act as a team player within the department, the credit union as a whole and at member events.
- Willing and able to be flexible and adapt to changing job requirements.
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate to all employees, GMFCU members, and outside vendors clearly and effectively in person, over the phone or in writing.
- Understand credit union policies and procedures, including security procedures.
- Able to work independently, with little supervision.
- College degree required, with a Bachelor’s degree preferred in marketing, business and/or a closely related field.
- 2-4 years of digital marketing experience, with specific emphasis in social media marketing preferred.
- Excellent skills in social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Linked In and Youtube.
- Strong communication skills – preferably through an online platform.
- Superior computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required.
- Knowledge of graphic design software such as Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop and Illustrator.
- Well organized and detailed oriented. Occasional travel required.
If you have interest in applying for our GMFCU Marketing Coordinator role,
please visit https://careers.generalmills.com/